FOCUS Industry 4.0 came to an end last Thursday.
Operated jointly by Usine IO and Arts-et- Métiers acceleration, this 4-month-long program on the theme of the future of Industry was hosted at Station F.
FOCUS by Usine IO is a unique acceleration program dedicated to hardware companies. Every 4 months, we choose a new theme, aggregate a new consortium of partners and collect their needs, and scout relevant startups. Our main purpose is to shorten startups products’ time to market by developing POCs with one or several of the program’s partners.
This article is summary of what happened during the programme, which took place from March 25th to July 11th.
The partners this time were Festo France, Naval group, Plastic Omnium, Stäubli, Schneider Electrics, Segula Technologies, and SIAé.
Meet the 12 innovative and ambitious international SMEs that had been selected for this batch:
We are talking safety at work, remote expertise with VR, predictive maintenance…
· ASYSTOM develops an innovative, turn-key solution that monitors and analyzes any machine and helps predicting anomalies. http://www.asystom.com/
· DATASWATI helps operators and methods engineers optimize plant management, by predicting in real time the quality of the production and giving simulation tools. https://www.dataswati.com/
· EIRATECH ROBOTICS is an extremely flexible automation system for E-fulfilment operations. Eiraparts™ is the material handling (factory logistics) system powering digital transformation on the shop floors. https://www.eiratech.com/
· HOLOMAKE proposes simple and effective augmented reality guiding system, fixed on the workbench, that can be used without head-mounted helmet or glasses. An active visual assistance for the workers. https://www.holomake.fr/
· IMMERSIVE FACTORY has developed the first global platform of virtual reality training exercises dedicated to occupational health and safety. https://immersivefactory.com/
· LAEVO exosqueletton is designed to protect the spine during bending while working or lifting objects. http://en.laevo.nl/
· NEURON SOUNDWARE use AI methods to understanding audio signals. They developed a diagnostic technology for early detection of broken machines. https://www.neuronsw.com/
· SCORTEX is the only deep learning quality inspection technology, capable of detecting defects in real-time to trigger targeted actions. https://scortex.io/
· SMARTECHS LLC Practical, Secured and Scalable AR solution for field operation. https://www.smartechs.io/
· TECHMASS developed an IoT performance tracker supported by a native Android Application for line operators. http://techmass.io/it/home/
· TEEPTRAK relies on advanced algorithms, combined with input from your operators and the latest communications technology to deliver meaningful, real-time information in order to help monitor and improve effectiveness. https://www.teeptrak.com/fr/accueil
On July the 11th, the day this second edition of FOCUS Industry 4.0 was officially ending, more than 30 collaborations between partners and start-ups had stemmed from the programme. The 12 selected startups were given a space to showcase their products and solutions. About 150 people attended this DemoDay event, during which the 7 partners presented their most fruitful collaborations with startups, depicting these uses cases side by side with the start-up representatives. The partners praised the fantastic opportunity the FOCUS programme gave them to get together and share their experiences and stakes. An interesting feature of the programme is that the partners often get to realise that similar problems to theirs can be encountered amongst other industries! The factory visits and the mutual ‘speed-dating’ sessions between start-ups and partners were also very much appreciated.
We also chose to invite Damien Marc, CEO of JPB system, to tell us about his adventure of diving deep into the industry of the future. Damien has grown the business and increased competitiveness by creating one of the first 4.0 fully automatics and robotics machining workshop based in the south of Paris. The brain of this revolution is his own MES (Manufacturing Execution System) which connects all the machines, ERP, and data bases from the company. http://www.jpb-systeme.com/ & www.keyprod.com
US resident Remy de Vlieghere, CEO of SmartTechs told us something we really we proud of : ‘I left 20 years ago because I thought innovation was not going fast enough in France, but the FOCUS programme proved me that the lines are now moving very fast in Industry. Thank you! ‘
We are now getting ready for the next programme operated with Le Village by CA, on the theme of logistics.
Conclusion : Stay tuned for the coming programs ! www.focusbyusine.io